Hey NBR friends and family! We have joined forces with a few other running clubs (Dashing Whippets, NYAC, Mercury Masters, and VCTC, so far) to help raise funds for NYRR’s Sneaker Drive. All funds raised will go towards purchasing proper running shoes (at a discount) for needy children who participate in NYRR’s no-fee youth running programs. A lot of these kids have to make do by running in street shoes, basketball shoes, etc. Your donation – of any amount – will go a long way.
The Brooklyn Running Company is hosting a shopping night just for us! We will have the store to ourselves Friday Night, December 13th at 8:00PM for a special night of big savings (15% off all purchases for 1 night). Located at 222 Grand Street. (between Roebling and Driggs)
- Co-founder Matt Byrne, two-time Olympic Trials marathoner, will be here to lead a discussion on Gait Analysis and proper footwear fitting.
- Two physical therapist from Finish Line Physical Therapy will be available for free injury consultation.
- Two awesome raffle prizes brought to you by Brooks.
- Giveaways for NBR members from Brooklyn Running Co. (pint glass, gels, and more)
- Some beers and light fare will be provided.
Filed under: Events, Inspiration, McCarren Park Track Classic, Members, NBR Goings On, Races, Volunteering
Save the Date!
Third Annual NBR McCarren Park Track Classic