The Brooklyn Running Company is hosting a shopping night just for us! We will have the store to ourselves Friday Night, December 13th at 8:00PM for a special night of big savings (15% off all purchases for 1 night). Located at 222 Grand Street. (between Roebling and Driggs)
- Co-founder Matt Byrne, two-time Olympic Trials marathoner, will be here to lead a discussion on Gait Analysis and proper footwear fitting.
- Two physical therapist from Finish Line Physical Therapy will be available for free injury consultation.
- Two awesome raffle prizes brought to you by Brooks.
- Giveaways for NBR members from Brooklyn Running Co. (pint glass, gels, and more)
- Some beers and light fare will be provided.
Filed under: Events, Inspiration, McCarren Park Track Classic, Members, NBR Goings On, Races, Volunteering
Save the Date!
Third Annual NBR McCarren Park Track Classic
- How to fuel during workouts/runs/races using whole, all natural foods
- Types of foods & supplements that are best to fuel your body
- How much nutrition you need to intake during activity
- How to hydrate properly
- Discuss electrolytes and why they are important
- Best sources of electrolytes
- How much fluid you need to intake during and post activity
- Discuss recovery and why it’s important
- Best food sources to aid in recovery
Jason Houston is a New York City based personal trainer, marathon coach, triathlon coach and endurance athlete. He has over 12 years of experience in the health and fitness industry. Jason managed many of NYC’s health & fitness facilities before opening his own business; Organic Health Fitness in 2006. He has helped guide athletes to achieve goals from completing a marathon to PR’ing in an ironman race. He is an avid marathoner and triathlete himself. He has raced in many endurance races including the ING NYC marathon, Philadelphia marathon, 70.3 Timberman and Ironman Cozumel.
Monday, December 2nd
5:00PM – 8:00 PM
Double Points Night
Join us at the Park Slope JackRabbit on December 2nd from 5-8pm for double rewards points. For every dollar you spend during this time, you will receive two points! You can either cash in your rewards points (100 points for $10 off) on your next purchase or you can exchange points for something on our rewards wall. A pair of shoes will earn you (at least) $20 off your next purchase!
10 miles. 4 kinds of donuts. So many things to be thankful for! Please join me and Brian for what will be my last NYC Donut run for a very long time! We’re going to the three best donut shops, plus one newbie. Donut Royalty (anyone who eats a full donut at ALL FOUR shops) win a free BOX OF DONUTS at Glam Doll Donuts redeemable in person ANYTIME after Jan 1, 2014! The run will end at Spritzenhaus where we can wash down all those sugared goodies. Route Map here.
Please bring single dollar bills as we have pre-ordered donuts at several shops to make things RUN more smoothly. And don’t forget we will be heading to Spritzenhaus post-run to give our bite-by-bite donuts reviews and wash it all down with some cold brews.