NBR regularly hosts events for members and friends– from picnics and bar crawls to training clinics and discussions. We also are committed to our community and volunteer on a regular basis, both at races and locally in the neighborhood. We’ve participated in Williamsburg Walks, It’s My Park Day, and more! Occasionally, we have meetings too, to discuss big events and projects, and voice needs and concerns.
Don’t miss these exciting upcoming events! Scroll down for full description of events. See you there!
Purchase your 2015 Gala Tickets! On Sale Now!
For one night, trade the running tights for 1920s fringe, sequins, suspenders, and newsboy hats. Don’t know what the Gala is? Aren’t sure about the theme or what to wear? Watch the trailer and get excited!
NBRs Sixth Annual Anniversary Gala: Greenpoint Gatsby
Friday February 27th
8PM – 12:00AM
Volunteer for the 2015 NYC Half NBR Fluid Station
- Yep, it’s time to start registering and you can do so here.
- Read some testimonies from last year’s runners as they passed by our table.
- Read a brilliant post by our very own Helen Clarkson about the volunteering experience.
NYRR Job Description: Prepare fluids for our runners. Active in set up and break-down of the station. This volunteer opportunity for club volunteering and is not for +1 credit.
Sunday March 15th, 2014
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Approx. Ten Rector St. & West St.
Reasons why you should Volunteer:
- A great opportunity for you to come out and get donuts and coffee (on us).
- Get to dress in some clothes other then running tights and singlet.
- Get to know that someone you have been checking out all winter but have been unable to keep pace with.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of NBR and root for your teammates who are running.
- Help earn NBR some spots for the NYC Marathon.
- Continue the tradition of being a community based running group.
- Check out the fun we had in 2011 , 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Please note: We are volunteering for team spots. You cannot use this towards your 9+1 for the 2016 marathon, but it can help you earn a coveted NBR Golden Goat patch..
To Volunteer, Please sign up at My NYRR and be sure to select Fluid Station Ten-North Brooklyn Runners
Send any volunteering questions to email@example.com.
Fourth Annual NBR McCarren Park Track Classic – Save the Date!
Fourth Annual NBR McCarren Park Track Classic
Track Meet is a GO!! Huge thanks to Brooklyn Running Company for being our sponsor this year.
More Events to be listed soon…
If you have any ideas and/or want to help organize any events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!