Team Points Races
NBR actively competes in NYRR's 11 designated Team Points Races each year. Each club registered with NYRR will accumulate points based on how they place in each of these races. At the end of the season, the points from each club's top 9 races are totaled to determine the overall rankings of all the teams.
In NBR, Team Points races are major team-bonding & social events. Race week amenities include a team bib pick-up, organized meet-ups for everyone to get to the race on time, cheer squads to support those racing, and post-race celebrations.
While Team Points races are competitive in allowing points to be scored, they are no different from any other race throughout the year. Everyone is encouraged to participate in Team Points events - whether racing, cheering or socializing. Your finish time can never hurt the team, so do not be discouraged from racing these events because you feel you are too slow. In fact, your presence can help allow your division to score when it may not have had enough people running that day without your help. We pride ourselves in having great turnouts to Team Points races throughout the year, and they are a great way to race with the support and cheers of your wonderful team.
- 11 Team Points races per year
- Scoring happens in 10 different divisions
- Men's and women's open (all ages, grouped into A and B subdivisions), as well as men's and women's age-group divisions for 40+, 50+, 60+, and 70+.
- Top 5 finishers times are added together in each category
- Masters categories (age 40+) - Top 3
- Team Champs
- Open - 10 men and 10 women score for a team in their respective races
- 40+ - 5 men/3 women
- 50+ - 3 men/3 women
- 60+ - 3 men/3 women
- 70+ - 3 men/3 women
- NYC Marathon - Top 3
- In each race, the first place team gets 15 pts, 2nd - 12pts, 10, 8, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 pt for any team that has at least their required number of scorers in that division
- At end of year, top 9 races points are added up to see total rankings across NYRR
- At the annual NYRR Club night, the previous year's top clubs are honored and receive special awards
Current team rankings can be seen here.
NBR Patch Races
In addition to club-points races, our Team Race List for includes events organized by NBR (McCarren Park Track Meet & McCarren Park 5k) along with events held by and in conjunction with other local running clubs. We aim to promote friendly competition & great relationships within our NYC running community through participation in these races. Our Team Race List also encompass all Five Boroughs and we've included a wide range of distances ranging from track events to marathons. The list of races that count towards these patches can be seen here.